This is what Google explained in their patent form about Agent Rank
“The name of the writer can be used to influence the ranking of web search results by indicating the writer responsible for a particular content piece … Assuming that a given writer has a high reputation score, representing an established reputation for authoring valuable content, then additional content authored and signed by that writer will be promoted relative to unsigned content or content from less reputable writers in search results.”
To be more precise, Authors with a good authority or we can say reputation in a given niche will be favored over the others and rankings for content written by them is going to be high.
Read : SEO trends and techniques to follow in 2014
Visit this tool to find your Author rank.
Here we are sharing an info-graphic about How to Build your Author Rank with content, Link building and social factors.
Author Rank Requirements
Authorship Implementation is required for verifying your authorship to the content and for high Author rank. Look what Googler Eric Schmidt said
“Within search results, information tied to verified online profiles will be ranked higher than content without such verification, which will result in most users naturally clicking on the top (verified) results. The true cost of remaining anonymous, then, might be irrelevance.”
Recently Mark Traphagesn asked Matt Cutts @SMX event about aothor rank role in algorithm, then see what matt replied :
@marktraphagen to be fair, it does come into play in some ways. For example, in-depth articles use that data, I’m pretty sure.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) March 12, 2014
So for In-depth articles, Google can use author rank in consideration, even matt is pretty sure about this.
How to Improve Author Rank
- Create proper content marketing strategy plan for your website/blog and start writing high quality, unique content with proper keyword research.
- Create a blog for your website and write high quality content about your products and services, and share it with other users so that let them know about your services.
- Create attractive images, Info-graphics, Videos, Case studies, Real world case views etc. It helps in getting more engagement and more the number of users viewing and sharing your content.
- Create Product videos with product descriptions and provide links back to your product pages, Share your videos among the users
- Post content frequently and allow users to engage with the authors, answer their queries, provide them solutions and useful information etc.
Link Building Strategies
- High quality content is going to be the key for link building strategies in 2014. If the content is good, high quality and informative than more number of people would like to link back to your content, thus increases your back links.
- Connect with high authority niche authors and let them interact with your on your own blog. Share their guest posts, Interview articles, etc. on your blog.
- Link to high authority blogs and authors via blog commenting, Giving links to their articles in your blog posts, etc. If any high authority site or authors links to you then link back to them.
Social Networking Sites
- Increase your social authority by creating social media profiles and get more followers, likes and re-shares for your content. Adopt social media marketing techniques to improve your presence on social media.
- Many social networking sites provide back links so take advantage of it. Having large numbers of followers helps in increasing your article rankings in search results.